Changing permissions

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Sat Jul 21 14:11:16 UTC 2007

Using Feisty

I copied some files to a USB stick to work om my laptop; made some changes and
copied them back to my main box.
Problem is is that all the files now have the 'execute' bit set.
I have tried using Konqueror file manager to change the permissions (right click >
properties > permissions) but I can't find anyway to get rid of the 'execute' bit.
I would do it manually to each file but there are loads of them :-(

How do I change the permissions to get rid of the 'execute' bit?

And is it possible/wise to format a USB stick to ext2?

Blessings,

Nigel

--
OliveRoot Ministries