[kubuntu-users] Re: [kubuntu-users] Re: KDE 3.5.6 released w Kubuntu packages

Jeremy Anderson jeremy at jdli.net
Fri Jan 26 19:45:15 UTC 2007

On Friday 26 January 2007 11:15, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> > > I've no plans for that.  Dapper is for those who want a stable release
> > > not one with the latest packages.
> >
> > What's so unstable about kde 3.5.6 ?
>
> Stable in my sentence above means unchanging.
>
> Jonathan

I normally don't respond to most of these types of discussions but I would
like to comment on this one.  In my opinion, I see long term support as a
server environment.  In that respect I don't care about, and normally don't
have on my system, kde or much other gui type applications.  On the desktop
side, I see, like in windows world, that you test the upgrades in a "lab"
type environment to make sure the upgrade works and if it does then you may
want to change the rest of your desktops.  This discussion is no where near
new.  It has been around since software has been around.  It comes onto the
business model and the IT support on what is best for your company.  I am
going to use the Window$ example.  Server 2000 was around for quite a long
time as a server install but there were many desktop applications that came
and went around that server platform.  Just my two cents.

Jeremy