w32codecs

Man-Chicken manchicken at notsosoft.net
Wed Feb 7 04:51:33 UTC 2007

Okay, so why don't you help work on the official installer programs for ubuntu
and kubuntu?  Synaptic and Adept are both excellent programs and could use
some more help.  There's nothing wrong with having other things out there, I
just think that helping people learn how to use the official supported
installer programs will help more than fragmenting people into many different
programs.  I don't doubt that automatix or easyubuntu are excellent programs.
I just think it is better to not confuse new users with half a dozen
different ways to do the same thing.  A more concise approach is appropriate
here, and the distros have officially supported installers that get the job
done, and do so quite well.