w32codecs

Lokeey lokeey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 03:44:21 UTC 2007

oh no...you're right...they aren't bad at all, at least easyubuntu
wasn't...don't take my last reply out of content, i've recommended
easyubuntu to everyone that i end up converting to (k)Ubuntu and i've
converted a lot of ppl already...but sometimes i just prefer doing things
without relying on these cool tools. i still use command line when
installing pkgs, but that's just me.

On 2/6/07, jeremy anderson <jeremy at jdli.net> wrote:

> Alright,  I know how to do things without the use of the scripts of
> automatix
> or easyubuntu, but I am really tired of hearing that it shouldn't be used
> on
> these forums.  We have people that want to use linux but are afraid or not
> understanding how to do it the old fashioned way.  Both these above
> scripts
> are getting better and with the old linux hands (including me) helping
> them
> instead of putting them down, we may be able to hook more great people.
>
> Just my opinion..... and I am not ranting... just wanting my brother,
> kids,
> kids friends and the rest of the world to use a great product like the
> ones
> created by the open source community......
>
> Jeremy
>
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 20:41, Man-Chicken wrote:
> > Some of those programs can really hose your install.  It's best to work
> > with these things using adept, synaptic, or apt-get over the
> command-line
> > IMHO.
> >
> > On Tuesday 06 February 2007 11:16, Lokeey wrote:
> > > i don't use automatix or easyubuntu...i'm good now tho
> > >
> > > you gotta link for automatix?

> automatic

> custodes

> > --
> > ~ Man-Chicken <><
> > (A)bort, (R)etry, (I)nfluence with large hammer.
> > The number of the beast - vi vi vi

"I am what I am because of who we all are"