HAL bug?

Paul S paulatgm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 00:49:33 UTC 2007

Alexander Smirnov said the following on 12/06/2007 02:45 AM:
> hello,
>
> Sometimes, when i plug usb flash drive in i do not see window which
> offers me "open directory", "copy images with digiKam" or "cancel". I do
> not see /media/disk directory is created and drive is mounted there.

I have this same problem in gutsy after doing suspend / resume a few
times.  There are a number of bug reports in launchpad.  It seems to be
in the upstream kernel.

On gutsy, when I restart hal with /etc/init.d/hal restart, the
kde-guidance-powermanager gets goofed up and thinks the battery is being
unplugged, so I have to kill and restart it before I can suspend again.
  Maybe, it's faster in the end to just reboot????

regards,