HAL bug?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Dec 10 13:08:19 UTC 2007

Paul S wrote:

> Alexander Smirnov said the following on 12/06/2007 02:45 AM:
>>
>> Sometimes, when i plug usb flash drive in i do not see window which
>> offers me "open directory", "copy images with digiKam" or "cancel". I do
>> not see /media/disk directory is created and drive is mounted there.
>
> I have this same problem in gutsy after doing suspend / resume a few
> times.  There are a number of bug reports in launchpad.  It seems to be
> in the upstream kernel.
>
> On gutsy, when I restart hal with /etc/init.d/hal restart, the
> kde-guidance-powermanager gets goofed up and thinks the battery is being
> unplugged, so I have to kill and restart it before I can suspend again.

I take it you are specifically talking about an in-memory suspend, rather
than hibernation, as the battery status doesn't seem to matter to
hibernating.  In any case, it's easy enough to exit the powermanager and
restart it, at which point it will pick up the correct battery status.  I
haven't checked if simply removing and reinserting the batter would fix it.
--
derek