Kubuntu Dapper pppd vs Win VPN

Donn Ingle donn.ingle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 14:08:23 UTC 2007

> What I do when I have to set up a VPN like this, is I make sure I can ping my
> gateway--most important--and then make sure I set up all appropriate routes.

I can actually ping all the relevant numbers. I can even get a web
page (the local apache) from the pptp server!

> As far as the catch-22, it's pretty simple to go to the repositories and
> download the .deb packages from there, and then stick them on a thumb drive
> for sneaker-net transfer.

I am on Winders now fetching the source from the project's home page.
How would I go aboout fetching debs (and all deps) from the repos? I
always find matching the versions and deps and cpus to be a real
chore.

> Also, have you tried using one of those DSL routers from Linksys or Netgear?
That is my very next stop actually. I am getting so damn fed-up with
this situation.

Well, thanks for the suggestions. I will hack-on with that kvpnc and
see where it gets me.

/d