vlc display to tv

Donatas G. dgvirtual at akl.lt
Fri Aug 17 15:51:05 UTC 2007

On Friday 17 August 2007 10:28:26 Creasen Pillay wrote:
> Hi ALL
>
> Finally got vlc installed. It worked better than all the standard stuff
> that came with kubuntu. Next q is, anyone know how to get it to display
> on to a tv? It is on an acer travelmate 660 with kubuntu feisty fawn.

I have an Asus A8F with an integrated Intel video card. I guess what you want
is a tv-out functionality - thus you can get any output on the display to go
to tv screen. If your configuration is like mine, you can use the standard
capabilities of X11 by adding a xinerama prophile to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
file.

Look at mine for a clue. I use xinerama prophile (one stretched desktop) but
two displays or a cloned displays could be used as well. when I need the
tv-out I just replace the standard xorg.conf file with the one I am
attaching.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info