MP£ Players and Kubuntu

Graham large.bopper at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:23:05 UTC 2007

I had an mp3/mp4 player bought for me that connected via the usb port.
However, I was unable to get any of my mp3s downloaded on to it so they
would play.  I thought that this was probably because of a faulty
product, so I looked around for an mp3 player.

I managed to get one that was advertised as having Samsung-based
innards.  It worked a bit better: some of my mp3s downloaded on to it,
but they wouldn't play.  So.....

I have now got an mp3 player that takes SD cards and plays mp3s from
them.  The cards save (almost) all mp3s I want, but the player doesn't
recognise them as being on the disks.

Just to make things clear, I've used 3 different makes of SD card and
used a wide variety of headphones which I do know work.

Could this be due to some strange incompatibility between Windows and
Linux formats in the hardware recognition of the tracks?  If so, how do
I record and play mp3s in my mp3 player using Kubuntu?

--

Graham