Where is Acroread in Feisty?

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Apr 30 18:02:18 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> I just did a clean install of feisty and enabled both the universe and multiverse
>> repositories but can't find acroread - I did have it installed under edgy.
>
> Apparently, it's too proprietary
> (http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/multiverse/a/acroread/acroread_7.0.9-0.0.ubuntu0.6.10/acroread.copyright)
> even for Feisty multiverse
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/medibuntu/+bug/93999).  It's been added to
> Medibuntu repositories (http://medibuntu.sos-sts.com/repository.php) if
> you still want to use it.  What's wrong with KPDF, though?
>
> Matt Flaschen

What's wrong with KPDF? - I just tried (in feisty) to print a 3 panel brochure
that I have designed (using Scribus).
Guess what? First, for some reason KPDF can't or won't print 'Landscape' :-(
Second, it can't handle transparencies - I get a black square behind the object :-(

I did install Acroread and it didn't blink an eye - printed it great :-(

Perhaps I should file a bug about the 'Landscape' thing - maybe even the
transparency issue as well.

Just thought I'd let you know.........

Blessings - really :-)

Nigel