Upgrading from 6.10 to 7.04

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Apr 29 02:52:13 UTC 2007

macariov at gmail.com wrote:

> I hate to agree.  I still have my laptop double bootin Ubuntu/XP.  As for
> my desktop, AMD64, it is now running Mandriva 2007 spring.  I fumbled,
> troubleshooted, formatted, fresh installed to no avail.  Io finally gave
> up and went with Mandriva.  It has been very stable from the get go, and
> it only gets better with each update. Sent from my Verizon Wireless
> BlackBerry

Having said Feisty doesn't seem more problematic than any upgrade, I went
ahead and did it, with disastrous consequences.

But to be fair to the developers, I doubt anyone would have recommended I
try to hibernate my laptop midway through the installation!

I then proceeded to reinstall Edgy from disk, and upgrade to Feisty
flawlessly.
--
derek