Why the distinction between free software and GPL software is important

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Fri Apr 27 16:53:35 UTC 2007

On Thursday 26 April 2007 06:35, Mark Wallace wrote:
> The same is true for Star Office today.  You can pay $35 for it in a
> store.  Why, I don't know, but some people aren't really price
> conscious.

StarOffice has features that OpenOffice does not.  (At least that used to be
the case with OOo 1.x / SO 6.x.)

Sometimes price can be deceiving.  Photocopying a book is generally more
expensive than buying it.  Downloading an 8 GB DVD9 and burning it is
generally more time intensive and expensive than buying it used.  Crossover
saves a lot of time over wine for non-game applications, and time is money.

Art Alexion

Keyserver: hkp://subkeys.pgp.net
alarm.  Info @