AcrobatReader: A bug or intentionally?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at
Thu Apr 26 05:29:58 BST 2007

Derek Broughton wrote:
> It is, it's currently non-free, but Sun has specifically agreed to allow
> Ubuntu to distribute it.

I don't think that's quite right.  I think the recent news involved
Ubuntu packaging more of the stack, but Sun's standard proprietary JRE
( is in Dapper.

  Sun-java only fairly recently was put in the
> multiverse repository, because they didn't originally allow others to
> distribute it.

No, I think their current binary OS distribution agreement is pretty
broad.  Anyway, all this should be history by June when the rest of the
code is supposed to go GPL. :)

Matt Flaschen