beryl trouble - no window bars

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:40:48 UTC 2007

>It always seems problematic to have beryl start automatically.  For
>example, occasionally things that normally start in the system tray
>won't quite make it there and end up freeballing on the screen
>somewhere.  At worst, sometimes my panel won't even start correctly.

I agree - I have experienced the system tray icons loading in the top left
of the screen.  Sometimes beryl doesn't even load automatically even though
it appears in the system tray.  When I first installed it, Beryl would crash
when I logged out, but I chose to ignore any further crashes from beryl so
it doesn't bother me anymore.

>So I just start kde normally and just keep a beryl-manager icon on my
>desktop to make it convenient for me to kick off manually.

I think that I will follow suit on this instead of trying to get beryl to
start automagically.

Andrew