beryl trouble - no window bars

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:25:43 UTC 2007

On 4/24/07, Michael W. Holdeman <lists at ptfd.org> wrote:

> How did you set this up? I was playing around with edgy and tried to get it so
> I could login in with kdm into either regular kde, or beryl.
>
> does this work?

It always seems problematic to have beryl start automatically.  For
example, occasionally things that normally start in the system tray
won't quite make it there and end up freeballing on the screen
somewhere.  At worst, sometimes my panel won't even start correctly.

So I just start kde normally and just keep a beryl-manager icon on my
desktop to make it convenient for me to kick off manually.

--
Andy Harrison