Importing mail and contact into thunderbird

FX Fraipont fxfrpt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:19:32 UTC 2007

This is a problem I have never been able to solve ans taht has plagued
my various installs of different linux distributions.

How can I import into Thunderbird mail from previous  Thunderbird,
Seamonkey or Mozilla  installations? The Import function only works for
communicator 4, Outlook and something else. Merely copying the  inbox
foolder in the right place into the new mozilla-thunderbird folder does
not seem to work.

Thanks

Fx