Podcast aggregator

Kevin B. O'Brien zwilnik at zwilnik.com
Tue Apr 24 17:39:40 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 18:02 -0400, John DeCarlo wrote:
> On 4/22/07, Richard S. Crawford <rscrawford at mossroot.com> wrote:
>         I just went back to iPodder; downloaded it from its home page
>         and reinstalled
>         from source.
>
> I find this amazing.  The home page for iPodder is the home page for
> Juice (iPodder got sued or threatened and had to find a new name,
> years ago).  Plus, Juice hasn't released a Linux version after saying
> they would for a loooooooooong time.
> ( http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/linux/index.php)
>
> CastPodder took up the mantle for a long time, but has finally given
> up:  http://www.podcatchermatrix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=223
>
> IcePodder is a fork of CastPodder to keep it alive, since iPodder for
> Linux has many bugs and hasn't been updated in years.
> http://icepodder.fryingoverajungle.net/
>
> I have yet to try it though, since I found that AmaroK is fine for me.

I'm trying out Amarok on the grounds that it is already installed on my
system anyway and I use it to play music files. But I did note that it
is not quite accurate in getting all of the files available on my first
setup, but I will follow it through some more downloads and see how it
does.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.

Regards,
--