Upgrading from Edgy to Feisty

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Sun Apr 22 15:42:07 UTC 2007

Mark Wallace wrote:

> When I clicked on this, it started to download a tar.gz file.  I am
> sitting at a Windows computer so I can't check it out further.

http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/edgy-updates/main/source/Sources.gz

Why on earth would you have clicked on that?  It's _edgy_ in the first
place, so not much use for upgrading from Edgy to Feisty
(fwiw, "edgy-updates" is for packages that have been updated _after_ the
release of edgy - other than for security advisories, which go
into "edgy-security").  Beyond that, it's strictly a list of _source_
packages in edgy-updates - not even the binary .debs we usually use.

--
derek