KDE: shortcut for "give me application X"

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Thu Apr 19 12:38:28 UTC 2007

On Thursday 19 April 2007 2:28 am, Daniel Pittman wrote:
> Annoyingly, a few applications do the right thing.  I presume this is
> because they have their own special internal support for detecting a
> running instance and activating that rather than starting a second copy.
> (...and, no, the calculator isn't one of them.  Darn it.)

Nothing to suggest here, but I want to confirm your suspicion on this point.
Anything that's a KUniqueApplication will refuse to run more than one copy of
itself, and that's where the behavior is coming from.  I suppose you could
hack the calculator to make this switch, if all else failed.
--
D. Michael McIntyre