KDE: shortcut for "give me application X"

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Thu Apr 19 08:44:27 UTC 2007

Donn wrote:
> Yeah, it sounds like you need a script per app you want to control.
> Use ps and company to detect if it's running and go from there. Like Matthew
> says, try dcop to control the ones that respond to that and then tie your
> shortcut keys to run those scripts.

Thanks, but I just realizes there are some problems running it from KDE
(i.e. from a shortcut).  If there's no & after executing konsole from
the script (as I did by mistake in my email), multiple instances of the
script will stay open in the background, eventually crippling your
computers and blocking all IO (which means the terminal isn't much use).
 With the & there are initialization problems...

Matt Flaschen