aptitude & bash completion

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Apr 18 01:11:35 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 3:46 pm, Donn wrote:
> Wild. I must have installed that via some other package and was not even
> aware of it. (Although, I cannot find any trace of it on my system.)

No, either you don't need it, or we have different ideas about what
having "bash completion" and "aptitude" "working together" mean.

If I type:

	sudo aptitude install kde-[TAB]

I get a huge list of kde-foo kde-bar kde-dingle kde-dongle kde-blah.  That's
bash completion, is it not?

I don't have grep-status or dctrl-tools, and I'm running Dapper.
--
D. Michael McIntyre