Q: howto find xorg leak?

Macario Valle macariov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:46:13 UTC 2007

Better yet;  Use top in batch mode to write top a log file every so many
minutes, I'd try five, let it run for a while and then just go back and
analize the data.  You will certainly find the culprit this way.  You
can use crontab to do so:
1. Type crontab -e
2. insert the following line, assuming you will use the five minutes
interval:

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/nice -19 /usr/bin/top -n1  >>/home/$USER/$(date +\%
d\%m\%Y).log 2>&1

3.When you are done and have finished gathering your data go back to
edit crontab  and get rid of this job.