KDE Graphic Quality

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Mon Apr 9 10:57:36 UTC 2007

Donn wrote:
>> Here is the relevant sections of my xorg.conf:
>>
> Yikes! That looks involved. I do have the 'nvidia' (proprietary) driver
> working and I'm now sure that 24 bit planes are being used, so I am just
> gonna live with the odd gradients -- I have not run another O/S on this LCD
> so, for all I know, this is as good as it gets! (Which ain't bad really, I'm
> just fussy)
>
> /d

Why don't you use a 'live' cd - the Linux Live Games Project:
http://tuxgamers.altervista.org/Llgp.php
uses proprietary Nvidia drivers and I have used the LLGP 0.1pre0 on a couple of
boxes and it works really well.

If the live cd works OK you could then figure out from the xorg.conf something to
help you.

HTH

Blessings,

Nigel