KDE Graphic Quality

Earl Violet ejviolet at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 23:33:58 UTC 2007

--- Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Section "Screen"
> >         Identifier      "Default Screen"
> >         Device          "ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D Rage II+
> 215GTB
> > [Mach64 GTB]"        Monitor         "GATEWAY VX90"
> >         DefaultDepth    16
> >
> > And change the DefaultDepth
> >
> Hi, it's always been '24'. Should I be seeing "bands"* of colour in
> gradients
> or is this normal for an LCD screen?
>
> /d
>
> * I mean that colours seem to lump together into single tones when
> there
> should be a gradual progression, for example from Blue to Green I
> would not
> see a nice gradient across all the colours, but a few broad stripes
> of blue
> and then a few of green.

I'm sorry if I did something confusing.  I just wanted to show you
where and how the default screen resolution is set.  As you can see,
I'm not using hardware remotely resembling yours.

I've used KDE in Kubuntu, Debian, and a couple other distros and the
graphics have always been great.

Earl

URL http://deserthowler.cjb.net
Instant messenger: earlcoyote