Konqueror vs. Firefox -- Accessing Gmail

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Apr 4 21:27:57 UTC 2007

Robert Tilley wrote:

> Is there something different about the Konqueror build for Kubuntu?
>
> I can access Google Gmail easily with the standards-compliant Firefox
> while
> Konqueror simply chokes and dies.  I thought Konqueror was standards
> compliant and even passed the ACID2 test for page rendering.

Yes, it is.  Unfortunately, google isn't.  Konqueror always works for me,
though I have told it to pretend it's Mozilla (version 1.7.3 on Windows XP)
when it talks to google.  I think the fact that it works properly if you
lie about the user agent proves that it really is google's problem.

> Is it's ability to run scripts/AJAX inferior to Firefox's?  This is an
> honest question to determine the source of the issue.

Not as far as I know.
--
derek