anyone running Kubuntu & vmware, or kubuntu & codeweavers?

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:33:04 UTC 2007

On 4/3/07, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> Phil Bieber wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> > Normally, aptitude removes unneeded dependencies, but this looks wrong,
> as
> > it tries to remove superkaramba... The rest seems like dependencies,
> that
> > are no longer needed on your system...
>
> I'm not sure why you'd expect many of those to be dependencies.
>
> antlr, db4.2-util, gjdoc, jikes, libgnujaxp-java & libgnujaxp-jni are all
> packages one _might_ install to support other apps, but would be at
> best "suggested" or "recommended" (this is true of almost all the
> lib*-java
> libraries, as they are rarely absolutely required, but always used to
> support something else).
>
> kandy & subversion are standalone applications.
> --
> derek

Hi!
Superkaramba was the first one that hit my eye that was definitely not a
dependency. Subversion I do recognize as a standalone app, but I don't know
kandy, which I only assumed to be some "supporting" app in the background
... And it was just a basic pointer as to why aptitude *might* want to
remove an application...

Cheers
Philipp Bieber

--