anyone running Kubuntu & vmware, or kubuntu & codeweavers?

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Apr 3 16:33:38 UTC 2007

Phil Bieber wrote:

> Hi!
> Normally, aptitude removes unneeded dependencies, but this looks wrong, as
> it tries to remove superkaramba... The rest seems like dependencies, that
> are no longer needed on your system...

I'm not sure why you'd expect many of those to be dependencies.

antlr, db4.2-util, gjdoc, jikes, libgnujaxp-java & libgnujaxp-jni are all
packages one _might_ install to support other apps, but would be at
best "suggested" or "recommended" (this is true of almost all the lib*-java
libraries, as they are rarely absolutely required, but always used to
support something else).

kandy & subversion are standalone applications.
--
derek