How to identify the fonts used in Ubuntu?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Sun Sep 17 19:33:54 UTC 2006

Thilo Six wrote:
> Larry Alkoff wrote the following on 17.09.2006 19:18:
>
> <snip>
>

>> I had added stuff like multiverse and other repositories when I
>> downloaded Opera and some other stuff.  I have a problem with how to
>> control the program version so it's not on the bleeding edge
>> and have not done any apt updates until I understand how that works.
>>
>> I _should_ have saved the original /etc/apt/sources.list but didn't and
>> now can't get back to the original list in the Kubuntu distro.
>> If I could use the original list unless I wanted something from a newer
>> repository I'd feel better.  Maybe it's on the cd somewhere.
>

> here you go...
> I have choosen a mirror in US since your signature says you are from Texas.
> <------------------------------------------
> # these are the minimum Ubuntu sources:
> deb http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted universe
> multiverse
> deb http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main restricted
> universe multiverse
> deb http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-security main restricted
> universe multiverse
>
> # source packages, usually not needed, only to compile yourself
> # to activate them remove the leading '#'
> #deb-src http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted
> universe multiverse
> #deb-src http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main
> restricted universe multiverse
> #deb-src http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-security main
> restricted universe multiverse
>
> # additional official packages (Opera+RealPlayer)
> deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu dapper-commercial main
> ------------------------------------------>
>
> with this sources.list you canĀ“t to anything wrong.
> then as allready stated before:
>
>>> sudo aptitude update
>>> sudo aptitude upgrade
>
> to update your system with all security- and bugfix-updates.

 From your list, looks like I'm all set.  Thank you.

In looking over your list, the only difference I see is that you specify:
dapper-security main restricted universe multiverse
and the original Dapper 6.06 list had separate listings for
dapper-security main
and
dapper-security universe
only.

So the only difference is your inclusion of restricted and multiverse.
Does this affect anything important?

The only other thing that was different in mine was dapper-backports
main restricted universe multiverse
which I have commented out!  No bleeding edge for me <g>.

Thanks, Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux