How to identify the fonts used in Ubuntu?

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Sep 17 18:34:41 UTC 2006

Larry Alkoff wrote the following on 17.09.2006 19:18:

<snip>

> I had added stuff like multiverse and other repositories when I
> downloaded Opera and some other stuff.  I have a problem with how to
> control the program version so it's not on the bleeding edge
> and have not done any apt updates until I understand how that works.
>
> I _should_ have saved the original /etc/apt/sources.list but didn't and
> now can't get back to the original list in the Kubuntu distro.
> If I could use the original list unless I wanted something from a newer
> repository I'd feel better.  Maybe it's on the cd somewhere.

here you go...
I have choosen a mirror in US since your signature says you are from Texas.
<------------------------------------------
# these are the minimum Ubuntu sources:
deb http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted universe
multiverse
deb http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main restricted
universe multiverse
deb http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-security main restricted
universe multiverse

# source packages, usually not needed, only to compile yourself
# to activate them remove the leading '#'
#deb-src http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper main restricted
universe multiverse
#deb-src http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-updates main
restricted universe multiverse
#deb-src http://mirrors.xmission.com/ubuntu/ dapper-security main
restricted universe multiverse

# additional official packages (Opera+RealPlayer)
deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu dapper-commercial main
------------------------------------------>

with this sources.list you canĀ“t to anything wrong.
then as allready stated before:

> > sudo aptitude update
> > sudo aptitude upgrade

to update your system with all security- and bugfix-updates.

<snip>

> You are a welcome addition.

:-D

> Bye Larry