text mode install ?

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Sep 3 18:44:14 BST 2006

Am Sonntag, 3. September 2006 19:15 schrieb Tez:
> Maybe adding something like "vga=791" to the kernel boot options will
> help you.

maybe, yes, but where would I add this option ?
the problem is: the screen blanks and the monitor goes offline before I can
type/choose anything (F1,F2... do nothing), so, no dice :-(
I just tried the server CD - same effect.
as opposite, debian sarge installer works fine (just checked for reference),
although switching to framebuffer as well (otherwise, I would not see the
graphic debian logo ?).

werner