kernel boot up problems

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Tue Nov 21 02:16:51 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 7:00 am, Tchize wrote:

> wait for 10 minutes. The only difference is that i get some text before
> the pause.

This is a difference though.  What does the text *say*?

Probably something or other is trying to configure itself, and timing out
after waiting some interval for a piece of hardware to respond.  There are a
lot of possibilities here, and you could narrow it down by noting what the
text is just before it hangs.

You might get past the hang faster by typing Ctrl+C right there too.  That
often works.

> Well i installed edgy at a friends, on a old computer, everything went
> well. I was happy to discover the working 'hibernate' shutdown on
> desktops (the main reason i upgraded from dapper at home). I will see
> later this evening if the wakeup from hibernate prevents the big pause.

Linux finally has a hibernate function?!  I'll have to investigate this!

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/
See my new music stand unfolding at http://users.adelphia.net/~silvan/