kernel boot up problems

Tchize tchize at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 20 12:00:46 UTC 2006

O. Sinclair a écrit :
> tchize wrote:
>

> I have had a really strange experience with Edgy on my Dell laptop. The
> only way I have been able to actually get it to boot and shutdown
> without hassle or/and getting stuck now and then was to remove the
> splash and silent mode.

That won't solve the problem, it's even present when i start in recovery
mode. There is neither splash nor 'silent' in recovery mode. It still
wait for 10 minutes. The only difference is that i get some text before
the pause.

> There are certainly a lot I don't like about Edgy. Have not reverted
> back to Dapper since I need some features in the kernel that are not
> supported by Dapper.
>
> Sinclair

Well i installed edgy at a friends, on a old computer, everything went
well. I was happy to discover the working 'hibernate' shutdown on
desktops (the main reason i upgraded from dapper at home). I will see
later this evening if the wakeup from hibernate prevents the big pause.