Installing F-Spot in Kubuntu

claydoh claydoh at claydoh.com
Thu Nov 2 04:06:30 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 01 November 2006 3:46 pm, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 01/11/06, claydoh <claydoh at claydoh.com> wrote:
> > Try libmono-dev, that's the one that has your missing file
>
> Thanks, Clay. How can I check that with apt-cache? I did a search on
> mono.pc and it didn't find anything. Now, as expected it wants
> something else:
> checking for Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll... configure: error: missing
> required mono DLL: Mono.Data.SqliteClient.dll
>
> And of course this I can't find either. Is there any way to have
> ./configure check and tell me _everything_ that it needs, instead of
> failing and stopping the checks?
>
> Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com/what_is/ram.html
> http://song-lirics.com/

I use the search tools at http://packages.ubuntu.com as I  don't really know
all the apt command switches all that well yet. I simply installed allt the
f-spot build dependencies (for Edgy):
	sudo apt-get build-dep f-spot

This installed about 24 packages iirc, then I installed the packages listed on
f-spot's website http://f-spot.org/How_To_Build_from_Release :
	sudo apt-get install automake1.9 build-essential intltool libtool

These might be installed in build-dep section, I already had them installed

And then the 3 remaining packages mentioned on the website:
	sudo apt-get install mono-gmcs libmono-sqlite2.0-cil libmono-cairo2.0-cil

The configure and build went without any hitches.

btw, reading the NEWS file in the source tarball, xmp write support has been
in f-spot since version 0.1.4, though almost every version since mentions
improvements in that area. I don't actually use the program so I can't see
any differences between ububtu's 0.2.1 and 0.2.2 . It seems to be a very nice
and speedy image program, however

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net