new kernel, what did I miss?

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Wed Nov 1 03:11:48 UTC 2006

I built a new 2.6.18-rt7 kernel from vanilla + IM patch in order to make my
Dapper install more suitable for Linux audio.  I started with the stock
2.6.15 config from /boot and changed a few appropriate options for the new
kernel, then built it with make-kpkg.

The result booted, and is running (and made Rosegarden quit whining about the
timer resolution being too low), but the screen was blank during the boot,
and the cute little Kubuntu graphical boot thingie didn't work.

I wonder what I missed.  I'd like to either fix the cute little graphical
thingie, or disable it in favor of the old fashioned plain text boot.

--
D. Michael McIntyre

Author of Rosegarden Companion http://rosegarden.sourceforge.net/tutorial/
See my new music stand unfolding at http://users.adelphia.net/~silvan/