DD 6.06.1LTS or Edgy

Bry Melvin brymelvin at melvinart.com
Wed Nov 1 04:10:52 UTC 2006

--- Scott Kitterman <kubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 31 October 2006 18:05, Juha Sandberg
> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I'm new to list, and from Finland. I dont know, is
> this kind of question
> > suitable for this list, but I ask anyway. There is
> Dapper Drake 6.06.1 LTS,
> > which I have, and there is Edgy Edge. With DD
> 6.06.1 comes three years long
> > term support (LTS), but how about Edgy?. Is there
> somekind of support for
> > years? I'm trying search answer for this, but no
> results. Do I drop behind,
> > if I stay with Dapper?.
>
> Edgy is supported for 18 months.
>
> Scott K

Edgy is for someone wanting the latest innovations. It
is supported for 18 months. People who woould be most
interested in Edgy might be developers or those who
have computers as an hobby.

Dapper (606 LTS) is aimed at businesses and those who
want a stable platforn. People who mainly use dapper
would include those who want a reliable computer for
routine tasks, or as a stable platform for doing
varied types of work.

I'm an example of the latter. I use my computers for
Graphics production and producing prints of artwork,
and business tasks such as correspondance, email, web
page building, and isnstant messaging. I will probably
use dapper until the NEXT LTS version comes out and
until I have run it on a test computer for a month or
so.

Hope this gives you an idea for which to pick.

Bryann