Making backups of several users

Gabriel Dragffy dragffy at yandex.ru
Thu May 25 07:27:22 UTC 2006

You will need to burn the /home directory which I should imagine contains the
user account things you want to backup. If all users are able to read from
one another's /home directory then you won't need to start k3b in superuser
mode. If, however, others don't have permission to read the other /home
directories then you will need to start k3b as superuser.

As for backing up the permissions, this is simple, simply add the files you
wish to burn to the compilation and then click on the BURN button. In the
next dialogue box you should see entries for WRITING, IMAGE, SETTING,
VOLUME_DES,C FILESYSTEM, ADVANCED.   Under the FILESYSTEM heading make sure
that GENERATE ROCK RIDGE EXTENSIONS is enabled and this will preserve the
permissions. Of course if your new setup isn't similar then these permissions
may well be obsoleted, but you can at least try.