Making backups of several users

Nigel Ridley nigel at rmk.co.il
Wed May 24 18:08:55 UTC 2006

I want to upgrade to Dapper on my children's box. Before I do so I want
to make a backup cd of their personel files, photos etc.

How can I make a backup on a single cd for three different user accounts
whilst keeping permissions intact?
Do I use k3b using 'kdesu k3b' - would this preserve their individual
permissions (obviously using the 'Preserve file permissions (backup)'
option in k3b)? Or would it all default to root?

I don't want to have to burn seperate cd's for each of the children's
/home files.

Blessings,

Nigel

--