[breezy] Printer stopped working

Bjarne Wichmann Petersen kubuntu at mekanix.dk
Tue May 16 09:45:08 UTC 2006

Hi

I've got a weird problem, my printer justed stopped working.

What happened was that I cancelled (with kjobviewer) an active printjob. Then
send another printjob, and it just got stuck in queue. Tried
cancelling/resending a couple of job, turn the printer on/off a couple of
times. Nothing. Then I noticed 2 processes sucking all cpu (called something
along the lines of "gimageprint" or something like the). Killed them and try
to send new printjobs. Still stuck i queue. Rebooted the computer a couple of
times, cleared /var/spool/cups... still nothing.

Status right now is that the printer is flagged as "Status: stopped (accepting
jobs)" in the kprinter-dialog.

I don't know where to go from here.

Bjarne