[breezy] Printer stopped working

Alastair Preston aprestn5 at telus.net
Tue May 16 19:01:18 UTC 2006

On Tuesday May 16 2006 03:45 am, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've got a weird problem, my printer justed stopped working.
>
> What happened was that I cancelled (with kjobviewer) an active printjob.
> Then send another printjob, and it just got stuck in queue. Tried
> cancelling/resending a couple of job, turn the printer on/off a couple of
> times.
How long did you leave the printer turned off?  To clear the remnant of an
unfinished job from it's RAM may require it to be turned off for 10 to 30
seconds. Same for the status registers.  I've found, in similar instances,
that turning the printer off then on again too soon can result in the printer
spewing out random characters when it restarts.

Go into CUPS configuration (http://localhost:631) and restart the printer.