Partition Magic for linux?- Help! I broke something

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:34:36 UTC 2006

On 3/3/06, Harry Vorstenbosch <harry.vorstenbosch at zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Qparted would do the job. But at first you have to dismount the volumes
> which you want to resize, delete or move. A set of two floppy disk which you
> can provide via an active Partition Magic could also do the job.
>
> Success, Harry,

Because I could not delete partitions that I needed to delete (hda5
and hda6, but hda8 is /home and I could not unmount /home), I did it
with partition magic from a floppy. Now when I reboot the machine I
get:
fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/hda8
/dev/hda8:
filesystem.... [other stuff-should I post it all?]

I can give the root password and log into runlevel 1 (I think). I
commented out the lines for hda5 and hda6 in fstab, but the error
persists. please, what can I do?

Thank you.

Dotan Cohen