Temporarily disable screensaver

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jun 29 13:23:02 UTC 2006

Is there a way to temporarily disable screensavers when a certain program is
running?

I figured media players must do it, but a quick look at kaffeine's config
shows that it simply sends fake keypresses - kludgy but effective.

I would expect it can be done with dcop but I haven't a clue where to start
(if anyone knows a good howto explaining what I can do with dcop, I'd love
to know).

In case there might be an application-specific work-around, I'm running
BridgeBase under Wine, and want to prevent the screensaver coming on when
I'm just watching a game.  If I can do it with dcop, I'll just put the
whole thing in a shell script.
--
derek