fakeRAID instructions applied to Kubuntu

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 18 22:42:36 UTC 2006

Yeah, I did read the big note at the top, but unfortunately, I fall into the
latter category:
"So far, this works for some, while for others, Ubuquity crashes."
So I'm forced to follow the manual steps.

I've run into a problem.  See the "Temporary Note" at the bottom
of "Installing the Base System":
https://wiki.kubuntu.org/FakeRaidHowto?highlight=%28raid%29#head-b3ee9096ee8ca7f93e5fe6f2da2cc80cbf079eeb

What is described in the note happened to me, but the solution in the note
doesn't work.  When I try to run dpkg-reconfigure dmraid, I get an error:
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: dmraid is broken or not fully installed

I really want to get Kubuntu working on my fake RAID and reiserfs, but it's
looking bleak...

Thanks for the help,
-- Christopher

https://wiki.kubuntu.org/FakeRaidHowto#head-b3ee9096ee8ca7f93e5fe6f2da2cc80cbf079eeb