Can't play music after upgrade to dapper

Toby Dickenson toby at tarind.com
Sat Jun 3 10:06:10 UTC 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 05:55, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> No, there is only one soundcard - an SBLive.

Ive had the same problem. I only have one soundcard, but I do have a webcam
with a microphone. Dapper is detecting the webcam as the first alsa device
and, I guess, other apps are trying to play though that.

(for now my usb webcam is unplugged, and everything works fine)

Try "aplay -l".... does that list more than one device?

--
Toby Dickenson