Editing Grub

Richard E. Barmann reb68 at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 1 09:28:11 UTC 2006

My problem.--- The master drive has kubuntu on it. It is called hda1 but in
disks it also says windows NTFS. The slave drive has windowsXP installed and
is called hdb1 but reads extended 3. Because of this I cannot get Grub right
to load windows. Kubuntu loads fine but windows has an error. I have it as---
Title                   WindowsXP
root                    (hd1,0)
savedefault
map                     (hd1)(hd0)
map                     (hd0)(hd1)
chainloader     +1
----
If I reinstall windows cd with Kubuntu hard drive as master and the other as
slave  I will get a choice as to which drive to install it on. I will pick
the slave drive. Will this mess meup and cause a problem?
--
Dick Barmnn
http://www.barmannsbar.com