Kubuntu and ADSL?

Rob Blomquist rob at robandmegan.net
Tue Jan 10 05:59:14 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 January 2006 7:14 am, Patrick Trettenbrein so eloquently stated:
> Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 01:44 schrieb Old Rocker:
> > HOWEVER, whatever you do, don't try to configure a Speedtouch modem.
> > There may be successful users in Ubuntu but I gave up with it.  The
> > Speedtouch connects into your USB socket on your PC.  Much easier to
> > have a network card installed and connect via a network cable.
>
> I've got a Speedtouch Modem here in fact, but it's an ethernet modem (I've
> chosen the ethernet model because I thought it's more Linux compatible). As
> I can see here in YaST I'm using (translated from German) the "tunnel
> protocoll for point-to-point". Is it possible to set up the modem, or does
> only PPPoE work with Kubuntu?

PPPoE works here with my Westell modem. All Linuxes should support it just
fine.

What is the problem? or are you just shivering that you have done the wrong
thing and ordered DSL? I remembering getting my modem, and fearing it
wouldn't work, only to find out it worked perfectly.

Don't worry, Be Speedy. Have fun.

Rob