Kubuntu and ADSL?

Patrick Trettenbrein patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
Mon Jan 9 15:14:59 UTC 2006

Am Montag, 9. Januar 2006 01:44 schrieb Old Rocker:
> HOWEVER, whatever you do, don't try to configure a Speedtouch modem.
> There may be successful users in Ubuntu but I gave up with it.  The
> Speedtouch connects into your USB socket on your PC.  Much easier to
> have a network card installed and connect via a network cable.

I've got a Speedtouch Modem here in fact, but it's an ethernet modem (I've
chosen the ethernet model because I thought it's more Linux compatible). As I
can see here in YaST I'm using (translated from German) the "tunnel protocoll
for point-to-point". Is it possible to set up the modem, or does only PPPoE
work with Kubuntu?

Patrick
Patrick Trettenbrein - patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
GnuPG fingerprint: 312B 561F B0E9 1DB5 CE5B A9CB 831A 1994 E9A3 0010