Setting up Printers

ARTHUR ALEXION art.alexion at verizon.net
Wed Jan 4 03:38:30 UTC 2006

No.  I have an HP 820 Cse and a 712c and the FAQ says:

  Q. Are drivers available for the Deskjet 710C, 712C, 720C, 722C,                820Cse, 820Cxi, 1000Cse, 1000Cxi; or LaserJet 1000, 1005, 1020,                3100; or Color LaserJet 1500, 2600 printers?
                A. These are non-standard host based printers. Currently there                are no plans to support these printers in HPLIP. Ghostscript print                filters for the Deskjet products can be found at the pnm2ppa project                at  http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnm2ppa/.

Scott <angrykeyboarder at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote: Art Alexion wrote:

> This is not really true.  The HP deskjets are "winprinters" and use the
> windows GDI to make them cheaper to build and sell.  You have to use
> something like "pnm2ppa" (or some similar spelling) to get them to work
> under Linux.

Uhh..  I think you're mistaking HP for maybe Lexmark?

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/

http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/faqs.php

--
artAlexion