What's up with /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1 ?

Simon Rönnqvist simon at iki.fi
Fri Feb 24 21:39:08 UTC 2006

(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(no debugging symbols found)
`system-supplied DSO at 0xffffe000' has disappeared; keeping its symbols.
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)

What's up with this?
I keep getting similar crashes every now and then...

I've been suffering from this in both Hoary and Breezy, it's also occured on
all three platforms (x86, AMD64 and PPC). I really don't know what causes it,
it just happends to different KDE apps in Kubuntu every now and then.

The thing is that it's starting to drive me nuts, I've been waiting and
waiting for it to go away... but it just won't. :-(
Will it in Dapper? I dunno...

Any solution, hints or ideas?
I really otherwise love Kubuntu, and it's the only distro (along with Ubuntu)
that I know well... I'd use Gnome to avoid these crashes, but as I use many
KDE apps it'd still haunt me.

If I don't get this resolved I'll have to go for something else...
PC-BSD, SUSE, I don't know what... and I'd rather not have to learn another
system from scratch... Maybe a dist-upgrade to Dapper would save me... maybe
it'd just end my misery by rendering my system useless, forcing me to go with
one of the others... Hmmm... which one? It needs to have decent package
handling along with a decent amount of available packages.

  cheers, Simon