kmail & kaddressbook issues

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Wed Feb 22 20:36:09 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 February 2006 01:49, Steven Hellingh wrote:
> using kmail; there is a issue that has been bugging me. when you press the
> "new message" button composer starts up and you can press the "Select..."
> button to get a list of email addresses. It is that list that bugs me. The
> list seems only to consist of most recent email addresses and NOT all of
> the emails I have added to kaddressbook.
>
> Is there a way to fix it so that I can get a speedy button to my
> kaddressbook list. I do not want to open kaddressbook every time since it
> isn't very fast. I want to use the "Select..." button, but it needs to
> consist of the correct emails.

In the top-right corner of the dialogue for selecting the recipients there
should be a drop-down.  This is a FILTER selection.  If it is on "Recent
Addresses" then you'll only see recently added contacts (surprising eh? ;).
Change it to the "All" filter (ie, no filter) and you should see everyone,
including address lists, in your address book.

HTH,

James
--
A mother takes twenty years to make a man of her boy, and another woman
makes a fool of him in twenty minutes.