Makedev, USB Cameras and Viewing Images

Irena and Richard Jenkins richard.jenkins at
Mon Feb 20 01:52:33 GMT 2006

I have a usb camera which I want to use with this computer (Breezy).  The
changes to fstab that I have made seem to get me part way along.  Now when my
machine complains about no device 'sda1' ... I figure here's where makedev'
comes into play.  There's no sda1 in devices...

However when I run MAKEDEV it complains it does not know how to make the
device sda1!!   Am I missing something?

My fstab change was to include a new line for /dev/sda1 mounted
as /media/sda1 ... using vfat ... and default settings.  I mkdir a new
directory as /media/sda1.

My devices file still lacks an entry for sda1.

Irena and Richard Jenkins
Canberra,  AUSTRALIA